VIOLIN 1 Saskia Niehl
– Bachelor at HfM Freiburg, Prof. Simone Zgraggen, Prof. Sebastian Hamann
– CNSM Lyon, Prof. Marianne Piketty
– Master at UdK Berlin, Prof. Peter Rainer
– currently studying for soloist diploma at HMTM Hannover, Prof. Elisabeth Kufferath
– Academist Deutsche Kammerphilharmonie Bremen
– Konzertförderung Deutscher Musikwettbewerb
– Scholarship Deutsche Stiftung Musikleben
– Scholarship Deutsche Orchesterstiftung with Duo Ad Libitum
– playing baroque violin with amateur skills
– What would you do if you weren‘t a musician?
When I was small, I always wanted to be a teacher or an author – maybe that would still fit? I’m still quite curious about literature, biology, languages and science. Living in an Asian country for a while would also be exciting.
– Why are you playing in a string quartet?
It’s always been what I love doing and hearing the most in music – for me, the sound of a string quartet is the most perfect sound I can imagine.
– What is your hidden talent?
Always finding food in forgotten corners of my suitcase.
– Favourite quartet memory?
Roadtrip through Italy in a tiny car, sharing one and a half seats with Nevena and listening to “Hot Summer 2002”